Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Water, Water Everywhere...



I've been drinking A LOT of water. Britta from the tap for me - copious amounts. I soon realized I needed something larger, more ambulatory and spill proof than any standard cup, glass or mug I had around....
So from my own need and necessity I found out the current "sports bottle" has come a long way but the one that really made a difference is what I call the "pop-top" style.
It's in the 350-1000ml (12 - 34 fl oz) volume range and has a spring loaded top on a hinge, with a little fold over lock for when closed and it's the little silicone gasket tacked to the roof of the inside of the lid that keeps it spill-proof when closed.
You WILL be surprised how much a decent water-bottle will compliment your day. No more thirsty in the middle of nowhere. No more feeling guilty (I know YOU do) about the ridiculous consumption of plastic - bottle after bottle after bottle at home, at work, out in the park or on the beach. The irony is not lost on me - you're trying to be healthy... you're taking in nature... only at the same time you're crushing YET ANOTHER disposable plastic bottle and throwing it in trash. Another polyethylene terephthalate shell for trash heap.
(38 billion water bottles (over 2 million tons) end up in U.S. landfills each year.)
So, here I am hawl
king reusable water bottles - may seem silly, they jury's still out, but it just may save my life... all of ours.
Do me a favor... do yourself a favor... and a friend a favor. Get yourself A reusable bottle/flask/canteen - call it what you will..... and stick with it. Pass this good word along. xxoo ðŸ˜˜
-Make sure you check this space often - I'll be posting interesting stuff... coupons and such.
Love ya,
-S

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

African Transboundary Cooperation Needed for Water Conservation

https://twitter.com/UN_Water/status/1147591298658050048?s=09

Popular Posts